Today Jason, Ethan and I spent the day driving the Hood River Fruit Loop near Mt. Hood. It took about an hour driving up the Columbia Gorge to get to the loop. We drove on the Washington side for the first time to get there. It was beautiful.

Our first stop was Rasmussen Farms, home of "Pumpkin Funland".

They had several scenes depicting fairy tales and nursery rhymes. It kind of reminded us of the pumpkin walk in North Logan, except with much lower production value. It really make us laugh. This is supposed to be the beast from "Beauty and the Beast". . .on the left.


They also had pumpkin bowling and a corn trail. They had the tallest corn stalks I'd ever seen!


They also had MANY varieties of apples and pears. We bought a few varieties and I ate the best tasting apple I have ever had!

Our next stop was the Cascade alpaca farm. This was whole reason Ethan wanted to come. He wasn't disappointed. They had many cute and fluffy baby alpacas, a huge sheepdog and 2 cats, "Knit" and "Purl" in the fiber shop.

Ethan was able to lure one of the babies over to the fence with some alpaca food.




This was the view from the alpaca farm.

The next produce stop had sunflowers, pumpkins and an awesome swing.


One last food stop for some huckleberry apple cobbler with Tillamook ice cream.

On the way home we stopped at Multnomah Falls.

What a great day. Whenever I see the more of the area around us I am so grateful that we are living here! I'm still not sure why everyone hasn't moved here.
No comments:
Post a Comment